The Danville Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce a scholarship program for local students. The 2019 funding comes from dollars donated from the membership body of the DACC. The DACC will continue this program on an annual basis.
Our deadline to receive all completed applications is 5:00 pm, Friday, April 26. The recipients will be notified the week of May 20. We hope these dates work with your school schedule and with your graduation programs.
Download the one master application below. The first page outlines the program and tells about the requirements. The second page is the actual application. To be eligible, students must live in Danville, Alamo, Blackhawk or Diablo or have a parent who works for a business which is a member of the Danville Area Chamber. They need to complete the application form, write two essays (about their community involvement, future goals, and possible financial need) and send those along with copies of transcripts of grades for the past two years.
You may make as many copies of the enclosed application as you wish, or students may receive one by contacting the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 925-837-4400.
PLEASE – send me the name and email of the person at your school who is in
charge of scholarship information so we can inform you of any recipients from your
school: send to email@example.com.
- Danville Area Chamber scholarships will be given annually in amounts of $1,000.
- Financial need is considered, but is not a necessary requirement.
- Scholarships may be used at the university, college, community college or trade school of the student’s choice.
- A scholarship check will be mailed directly to student finalists in July after graduation.
- Applications are available at the Chamber office and in high school college guidance centers.
- High school seniors who are planning to enroll full time in the fall of 2019 in an accredited trade or business school, community college, college or university are eligible.
- Students must either live in Danville, Alamo, Blackhawk or Diablo.
- These students display positive character and leadership skills, demonstrated by community involvement, extracurricular activities and their commitment to further their formal education to enter a trade, public service or the business world.
- Students must have performed at least 40 hours of community service or volunteer work in the past two years with a non-profit, with seniors, children, religious organization, etc.
The Danville Area Chamber of Commerce proudly awards an annual scholarship to local students. Stay tuned to see who our 2019 winner(s) is(our).
Congratulations to all of our applicants!